Accompanying Website: Fundamentals of Music Processing
Fundamentals of Music Processing
Audio, Analysis, Algorithms, Applications
483 p., 249 illus., 30 illus. in color, hardcover
Get the Book
Main Features of the Textbook
This textbook provides both profound technological knowledge and a comprehensive treatment of essential topics in music processing and music information retrieval. Including numerous examples, figures, and exercises, this book is suited for students, lecturers, and researchers working in audio engineering, computer science, multimedia, and musicology. Special features of the book include:
- The book is self-contained to a great extent.
- The eight chapters are organized in a modular fashion, thus offering readers and teachers many ways to choose, rearrange, or supplement the material.
- Navigation guides (also called views) in the preface help a reader or teacher to create a personalised journey through the material.
- The numerous figures are carefully designed to give a graphically representation of the technical concepts.
- Extensive support and additional material such as slides and exercises (with solutions) are provided on the accompanying website.
Downloads and Links
- Sample section "The Fourier Transform in a Nutshell": PDF
- Preface of the book: Link
- Sample chapters: Link
- Table of content: Link
- Slides for all figures and tables (PowerPoint, PDF): Link
- Exercises with solutions: Link
- List of errata: Link