On this page you find a selection of my scientific activities during the last years. A list of scheduled and attended conferences can be found here.
- E.A.P. Habets and O. Thiergart, "Parametric Spatial Audio Processing: An Overview and Recent Advances", 140th AES Convention, Paris, France, Jun. 2016.
- E.A.P. Habets and O. Thiergart, "Parametric Spatial Audio Processing: An Overview and Recent Advances", 139th AES Convention, New York, USA, Oct. 2015.
- E. Vincent and E.A.P. Habets, "Advanced Spatial Speech and Audio Processing", LVA/ICA Summer School on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation, Liberec, Czech Republic, Aug. 2015.
- E.A.P. Habets and S. Gannot, "Linear and Parametric Microphone Array Processing", International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Vancouver, Canada, May 2013.
- E.A.P. Habets, S. Gannot, I. Cohen, R. Talmon, "Speech Enhancement for Acoustic Communication Using Multiple Microphones and Diffusion Maps", European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Bucharest, Romania, Aug. 2012.
- P.A. Naylor, E.A.P. Habets, C. Evers, "Speech Dereverberation", European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Aalborg, Denmark, Aug. 2010.
Winter and Summer Schools
- Ferienakademie, Sarntal, 2019.
- Winter School on Signal Processing for Hearing Assistive Devices, University of Aalborg, Denmark, 2017.
- Winter School on Speech and Audio Processing (WiSSAP), Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India, 2017.
Keynotes and Invited Lectures
- Sound Acquisition Using Parametric Sound Field Models: Classical and Bayesian Approaches, International Conference on the Science of Electrical Engineering (ICSEE), Israel, 2016.
- Recent Advances in Acoustic Signal Extraction and Dereverberation, Keynote, Erlangen Colloquium, Germany, Feb. 2016.
- Fifty Years of Reverberation Reduction: From analog signal processing to machine learning, Keynote, AES 60th Conference on Dereverberation and Reverberation of Audio, Music, and Speech, Leuven, Belgium, Feb. 2016.
- Sound Acquisition and Processing using Parametric Sound Field Models, Starkey Hearing Technologies, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, Oct. 27, 2015.
- Recent Advances in Sound Acquisition for Spatial Audio Communication, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA, Oct. 22, 2015.
- Recent Advances in Sound Acquisition for Spatial Audio Communication, ParisTech, Paris, France, Jul. 2014.
- Multi-Microphone Speech Enhancement: Perspectives and Challenges, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, Jul. 19, 2013.
- Parametric and Informed Spatial Filtering, Samsung, DMC R&D Center, Korea, Feb. 15, 2013.
- Perspectives on Multi-Microphone Speech Enhancement, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an, China, Sep. 12, 2012.
- Microphone Array Processing: Perspectives and Challenges, Keynote, ITG Conference on Speech Communication, Braunschweig, Germany, Sep. 26, 2012.
- Generating Virtual Microphone Signals using Distributed Arrays, NTT, Japan, Apr. 2, 2012.
- Generating Virtual Microphone Signals using Distributed Arrays, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, Mar. 16, 2012.
- Geometry-based Sound Acquisition, Imperial College London, UK, Dec. 8th, 2011.
- A Linearly Constrained Minimum Variance Beamformer for Next-Generation Speech Communication Systems, Imperial College London, UK, Jul. 20, 2010.
- Advances in Speech Dereverberation using Spectral Enhancement, Fraunhofer IIS, Germany, Feb. 10 2010.
- Advances in Speech Dereverberation using Spectral Enhancement: Adding Value to Hearing-Aids?, University of Oldenburg, Germany, Jan. 5, 2010.
- Recent Advances in Single- and Multi-Microphone Speech Dereverberation, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, Jul. 29, 2009.
- Recent Advances in Single- and Multi-Microphone Speech Dereverberation, Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA, Oct. 23, 2008.
- Recent Advances in Speech Dereverberation, IBM Speech Technology Seminar, Haifa, Israel, Jul. 2, 2008.
- Suppression of Reverberation in Hearing-Aids using Spectral Enhancement, GN-ReSound, The Netherlands, Feb. 6, 2007.
- Single and Multi-Microphone Speech Dereverberation using Spectral Enhancement, Technion, Israel, Oct. 30, 2006.
- Speech Dereverberation, SISTA Seminar, K.U.Leuven, Belgium, Jan. 11, 2005.
- Editor in Chief, EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing, 2016-2018.
- Guest Editor, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, 2015.
- Guest Editor, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, 2015.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 2013-2017.
Organization of Scientific Events (Conferences, Workshops, Challenges, Special Sessions)
- Technical Program Chair, International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement (IWAENC), Bamberg, German, 2020.
- Technical Program Committee Member, 13th ITG Conference on Speech Communication, Oldenburg, Germany, Oct. 2018.
- Technical Program Committee Member, 11th ITG Conference on Speech Communication, Erlangen, Germany, Sep. 2014.
- Technical Program Chair, REverberant Voice Enhancement and Recognition Benchmark (REVERB) Workshop, Florence, Italy, May 2014.
- Organizer, REverberant Voice Enhancement and Recognition Benchmark (REVERB) Challenge, 2013-2014.
- General co-chair, 2nd International Conference on Spatial Audio (ICSA), Erlangen, Germany, Feb. 2014.
- General co-chair, IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA), New Paltz, New York, USA, Oct. 2013.
- Organizer (with Prof. S. Doclo), Special Session on Multi-microphone speech dereverberation, European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Marrakech, Morocco, Sep. 2013
- Organization Committee Member, The Seventh International Workshop on Haptic and Audio Interaction Design (HAID), Lund, Sweden, Aug. 2012.
- Organization Committee Member, International Workshop on Acoustic Echo and Noise Control (IWAENC), Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 2005.
Memberships / Office in Professional Societies (selection)
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP)
- Member of the VDE Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies
- Member of the ITG-Fachausschüsse Sprachakustik (AT3) and Sprachverarbeitung (AT4)
- Member of the ITG-Fachgruppe „Signalverarbeitung und maschinelles Lernen“
- Member of International Speech Communication Association (ICSA)
- Member of the Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- Member of the IEEE Audio and Acoustic Signal Processing Technical Committee, (2011-)
- Member of the IEEE Industry Digital Signal Processing Technology Standing Committee, (2013-2015)
- Chair of the EURASIP Special Area Team on Acoustic, Speech and Music Signal Processing (2019-)
- Vice-Chair of the EURASIP Special Area Team on Acoustic, Speech and Music Signal Processing (2015-2018)
- Founding member of the EAA Technical Committee on Audio Signal Processing (2017-)
- Program Committee Member / Reviewer for EUSIPCO, ICASSP, WASSPAA, IWAENC, IEEE Transactions, ...
PhD Review Board (selection)
- J. He, "Spatial Audio Reproduction Using Primary Ambient Extraction", Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Dec. 2015.
- M. Taghizadeh, “Enabling Speech using Ad Hoc Microphone Arrays“, Idiap Research Institute, Switzerland, Sep. 2015.
- N. Lopez, "Méthodes à un seul capteur pour la déréverbération de la parole", Telecom ParisTech, France, Jul. 2014.
- A. Lombard, "Localization of Multiple Independent Sound Sources in Adverse Environments", FAU, Germany, Jul. 2012.
- A. Canclini, "A Geometric Approach to Analysis and Synthesis of Acoustic Wave Fields for Multimedia Applications", Politecnico di Milano, Italy, Mar. 2012.