Prof. Dr. ir. Emanuël Habets
International Audio Laboratories Erlangen
Am Wolfsmantel 33
- Statistical signal processing
- Acoustic vector-sensor array processing
- Spatial audio and acoustic signal processing
- Spatial audio recording and reproduction
- Voice quality enhancement (dereverberation, noise reduction, echo reduction)
- Acoustic scene analysis (reverberation time estimation, sound localization and tracking)
- Artificial reverberation
- Reverberation enhancement
- Virtual and augmented reality
Current Events and News [Archive]
- 07.2023 Congratulations to Daniele Mirabilii for successfully defending his Ph.D. thesis "Wind Noise Analysis, Synthesis, and Reduction for Speech Enhancement Using Compact Microphone Arrays".
- 05.2023 Congratulations to Wolfgang Mack for successfully defending his Ph.D. thesis "Advances in Deep Learning-Based Speech Enhancement and Mask-Based Acoustic Parameter Estimation".
- 03.2023 Dr. Albert Prinn will again offer Virtual Acoustics during the summer term 2023.
- 02.2023 Congratulations to Marie Eckert for receiving the Fritz-und Maria-Hofmann-Preis for her M.Sc. Thesis "Compensation of Confounding Factors in Pupillometry in Virtual Reality for Cognitive Load Assessment".
- 01.2023 Congratulations to Adrian Herzog for successfully defending his Ph.D. thesis "Advances in Spatial Parameter Estimation and Signal Enhancement Using Higher-Order Ambisonics".
- 01.2023 Congratulations to Matteo Torcoli for successfully defending his Ph.D. thesis "Dialogue Enhancement and Personalization – Contributions to Quality Assessment and Control".
- 08.2022 Congratulations to Dr.-Ing. Maja Taseska for receiving the 2022 EURASIP Best PhD Award.
- 06.2022 Congratulations to Marie Eckert, Thomas Robotham and Olli Rummukainen for receiving the Best Paper Award at the ACM Symposium on Eye Tracking Research & Applications (ETRA) 2022 for their paper "Pupillary Light Reflex Correction for Robust Pupillometry in Virtual Reality".