Lorenz Schmidt, M.Sc.
I'm a PhD Student at AudioLabs studying in the cross-section of computer science, learning and communicating machines. As the focus of our group are embedded devices, I'm also interested in building reliable, fast and safe abstractions. If you want to know more, please visit the website of Prof. Dr. Nils Peters. You can find my personal site here.
Interested in a topic or do you want to discuss something, drop me a mail!
- Speech Enhancement
- Normalizing flow and information bottleneck
- 06/2021 - present: PhD Student at the International Audio Laboratories Erlangen
- 10/2017 - 10/2020: M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University
- Master thesis: "Noise Reduction Combining Conventional Approaches and Artifical Neural Networks"
- 02/2018 - 08/2018: Exchange semester at the NCTU, Taiwan
- 10/2014 - 10/2017: B.Sc in Electrical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University
- Bachelor thesis: "Implementation and Analysis of Higher Order Ambisonic Decoder"
- Linfa - a statistical learning toolkit with Rust (maintainer)
- uhyve - hypervisor for the HermitCore unikernel (first version written during HiWi)
- Enzyme - High-performance automatic differentiation of LLVM (contributor)
- pap - a small tool used by me for paper threading
- Audio Processing Seminar, Summer Term 2021
- Lab: Fast Convolution and Correlation (part of Audio Processing Laboratory, Summer Term 2021)