Lecture: Virtual Acoustics, Summer Term 2018
- Instructor: Prof. Dr. Frank Wefers
- Credits: 2.5 ECTS
- Time: Summer Term 2018, Tue 10:15-11:45
- Place: Am Wolfsmantel 33, Erlangen-Tennenlohe, Room 3R4.04
- Exam (graded): t.b.a.
- Dates (10:15 - 11:45, Room 3R4.04): t.b.a.
- Examination Dates (Room 3R4.03): t.b.a.
This course imparts knowledge on simulating acoustics using computers and creating interactive virtual environments, users can experience and interact with.
- Basics of Virtual Reality (objectives, senses & stimuli, virtual environments, hardware)
- Foundations of acoustics (sound fields, acoustic phenomena, sources, surface materials)
- Acoustic signal processing (linear filters, partitioned convolution, time-varying filtering)
- Human auditory perception (Binaural hearing , spatial localization, HRTFs)
- Room acoustics (Geometrical acoustics, real-time simulations, image sources, ray-tracing)
- Numerical acoustics (modes, wave-based simulation techniques, FEM/BEM, FDTD)
- Spatial sound reproduction (amplitude panning, crosstalk cancellation, Ambisonics, WFS)
- Real-time audio programming (programming concepts, latencies, system integration)
- Design of interactive VR systems (aspects, realization, motion tracking, distributed computing)